The STrengthening the REporting of Immunogenomic Studies (STREIS) statement extends the STREGA statement for reporting studies of the germline immunogenome (HLA and KIR gene systems, and other complex immune-related gene systems), and addresses specific challenges to performing genetic studies using immunogenomic data.
STREIS provides guidance for addressing the extensive polymorphism associated with immunogenomic loci, the variety of genotyping systems in use, the complexities of transplantation studies, and the unique role played by the MHC and LRC regions in predisposition to disease (in both the strength and complexity of associations), and the complex nomenclatures used to describe these genes in genetic studies.
Download the STREIS Checklist.
The STREIS statement has been cited by the following:
- Madore A-M, et al. Eur J Hum Genet. 2013;21:1181-4. DOI: 10.1038/ejhg.2013.13
- Gragert L, et al. Hum Immunol. 2013;74:1313-20. DOI: 10.1016/j.humimm.2013.06.025
- Dyer P, et al. Mol Immunol. 2013;55:2-7. DOI: 10.1016/j.molimm.2012.08.016
- Milius RP, et al. Tissue Antigens. 2013;82:106-12. DOI: 10.1111/tan.12150
- Tu B, et al. Tissue Antigens. 2013;81:150-60. DOI: 10.1111/tan.12072
- Hollenbach JA, et al. Int J Immunogenet. 2013;40:46-53. DOI: 10.1111/iji.12026
- Sanchez-Mazas A, et al. Int J Immunogenet. 2012;39:459-76. DOI: 10.1111/j.1744-313X.2012.01113.x
- Helmberg W. Tissue Antigens. 2012;80:295-304. DOI: 10.1111/tan.12000
- Popham K, et al. Am J Prev Med. 2012;43:e31-42. DOI: 10.1016/j.amepre.2012.06.031
- Buhler S, et al. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41400. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0041400
- Erlich H. Tissue Antigens. 2012;80:1-11. DOI: 10.1111/j.1399-0039.2012.01881.x